Monday, August 13, 2012

August 9, 2012 Email

Mom!!!!

Hey, I got your email. It was great to hear from you. This week is going just great. We have gotten new investigatotrs, and we are just getting more and more busy. This week we had Mission conference since it was fast sunday. We got to hear from everyone in the mission presidency. Their talks were just fantastic. I didnt doze off once, because their talks were so engaging. President Brown (MTC) president spoke about repentance. He showed how if we are not repenting daily, then we are throwing away the gift of the atonement. The atonement was given so that we could use it. If we are to procrastinate the day of our repentance, than we are condeming ourselves, as it says in the scriptures. Then, I was reading in 2 Nephi 31 on Monday. I was reading about the "gate and the narrow path". I recieved a light bulb moment as I was pondering this that I would like to share. In this chapter, it talks about how we are to enter the gate and walk on a narrow and straight path. When I read this, I though about a park. I though about how some parks, we need to present a key card or something to get in, and that is repentance, or accepting christ. Then we have to get on this path. The path is our journey through life. In the scripture, it says a narrow and "straight" path. But in navigational terms, straight does not mean a path that goes directly from point a to b in a line. The terms means a path that goes from point a to b by any means necessary. So, I thought about a windy path that may have forks in the road, or needs to go around ponds or trees in the park. This really made it come alive for me, because I realized that I need to stay on this path to find the beautiful fountain in the middle of the park, or eternal life if you will. We can't always see it through the fog, or the trees in the park, but the fountain is there, and we need to make the right choices to stay on that path. ok, so that was my little missionarry moment for this letter. The rest of this week has been amazing. Constant meeting and such, but I am learning alot. I went all of yesterday only speaking spanish. It is hard, but I can do it. ok, so I am not in the same trio anymore. Last week we got switched up again because the guy that was going to peru got his visa, so Elder Sherman got moved. It is back to just Elder Miner and I now. I dont really have anything specific to say for the ward Bulletin. Whatever you put, Im sure will be fine. I will try to record myself saying my testimony in spanish. Can you send back that letter or something, so that I can read the same one so that you can follow along. Otherwise, I can just give it again. It might be a little different though. So, Today, we went to the temple, and we did sealings. It was super awesome to do those. The whole time I was in there, I could just think about the fact that the last time I was there, I was with you and Dad. It could just imagine my hand being on top of yours. It was a very special spirit that I haven't really felt before. The names of the kids that I represented are just sitting in my mind and I keep thinking about them. It is kind of weird to say now, but I can't wait to get married. The blessing in that prayer are sooooo special, and I want to have those with the wonderful daughter of god that I am meant to be with. It will be the best day of my life. ok, so my time in coming to the close. I gotta go. I love you mom. Take care, and keep letting me know how things are going.

love,
Elder Cybulski

No comments:

Post a Comment