Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 29, 2012 - Family Letters

Mom,

Thanks soooo much for the letter today.  I always love hearing from you.  Don't worry, I am eating plenty.  Don't Worry!  OK, so I'll call Monday.  It will be pretty early in the morning for a vacation day, but I'll still call from the airport on my way to Washington.

I really do feel like my testimony has grown everyday.  I can tell the change in my life.  Yes, it will be harder in the field with all the rejection and not being around as many missionaries.  However, I know I can learn even more from my experiences.  I can't wait to teach real people and to get to know the amazing people in my wards or branches.

Thank you for telling me about the things you are studying.  I was actually reading about Shiblon too last week.  it is crazy how righteous Shiblon was during all of his trials and then in the very next chapter his brother Corianton falls at the first temptation.  However, he is mentioned only one more time in the BOM.  In Alma63 it says that he is a better person, and that he is serving others in his mission.  I think it just shows how easily we can fall and how easy Christ has made it for us to come back even when we do terrible things.

So, I wrote an email today.  I don't have much more to report.  Hopefully everyone is doing good.  I love you Mom.  I will call on Monday.  Take care.

Love,  Elder Cybulski


Dad,

Thanks for the letter.  I just love hearing from everyone.  I just found that bible and thought I would send it.  Don't worry about reading it since it is in Spanish.  I just thought it culd be a cool thing to have.

OK, so today I had another cool experience in the temple.  We did a session since it is our last week.  While in the celestial room I prayed.  I prayed because I've been having trouble feeling like as I repent, the journey to not commit sin again is all on me.  Side note, this week I read a talk by Elder Bednar called "The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality."  I recommend it, it's awesome.  He talks about the power that the atonement gives us.  In the temple today after my prayer I just opened the scriptures.  I'm a huge advocate of the "point-and-shoot" method to scriptures cause it almost always works.  Today it did!  heavenly Father showed me the perfect scripture to help me out.  Moses 1:21-22, just read it...

Tell everyone that I say Hi.  I miss you all a ton especially you dad.  We never got to say goodbye.  I sent mom an emai today so tell her to share it.  I will be off to Washington soon.  I will let you know where I am ASAP.

Love ya,  Elder Cybulski


Matt,

Hey Buddy, thanks for writing me.  Thanks for all the sports updates, I don't hear about anything unless you tell me.  It sounds like the Rangers are just killin' it.  I hope they make a deep post season run again this year.  That would be sick!  That stinks to hear about Jason Witten.  He was always my favorite except for Barber and Miles Austin.  I am happy to hear that your football is ging well.  Don't get too cocky though.  There is always room to improve, just remember that.  Keep working and you will eep moving up.  Keep writing me!  You are my only link to the Sports World. 

Love ya, I'll write again soon.

Elder Cybulski

No comments:

Post a Comment