Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12, 2014

It was so great to see you yesterday. What a great Mother's day present!  Not sure how you can top that in the future. Lol.

So, not sure if you could tell how Halle is struggling with her desire to be involved in the church. I'm hoping with you at home, something will trigger a renewed desire. Pressure definitely doesn't work. She's an adult now and very "vocal" about her life. She's still going to church with us although not always with a great attitude. I can't understand why she's so negative. I understand wanting to figure it out for herself and not being told by parents what she has to do. But it's more like she's anti Church almost. I tell you this so that you will know what your walking back into. It's been a real struggle with her this year in more ways than one.  Her concerns seem so superficial. Maybe maturity is the key!

I wanted so badly for you to come home to a family rich in spirituality because that's what you deserve. But life throws at us challenges to overcome and we take steps each day trying to figure out how to overcome them. I'm so worried you will be disappointed in us. We are definitely not the perfect family I would wish for you. But we love you so much!  You have had some wonderful experiences as a missionary and some challenges as well, I'm sure. I love hearing how much you love being a missionary. You will always be one, you know!  Maybe your next mission is to truly convert your sister. Who knows, I wish I saw the love for the Savior in her eyes like I feel it from you. Maybe someday...  We just have to love her, that's what the Savior would do, right?!

My heart is full for my children this day. You are all so unique and special in different ways. I'm proud to be your mother. I hope your last month is filled with wonderful experiences.

Love you dearly,

Mom

Hey mom,

Yeah, I could tell, we have been talking about it on email. Sometimes I have seen that people just need to feel the need of it when it is as readily available. Going away definitely helped me grow my testimony and choose to have it in my life. I think it will be the same for her. While I didnt vocalize it, I was going through the same thing before college just to be honest with you. 

Mom, I never expected my mission to change you guys, I knew that we would have things to deal with throughout life. I am changed alot, but I wil still struggle every once in a while. dont think that you guys had to change with me. And that is exacly right. the people that I have seen get baptized, and that stay in the church are the ones that were loved. The ones that just felt the knowledge didnt stay, but the ones that felt love always stay. 

Happy mothers day mom, It was good to see all of you. Now it is time to focus until the end. Make all the plans that you want, and I will totally be involved and be with you guys as much as possible!!! 

Love you guys

Elder Cybulski

No comments:

Post a Comment