Monday, September 10, 2012

Alex is in the Field!

Hey Family!!!

IM IN THE FIELD!!!!! ok, So I got to Spokane on last Monday. After we got to the Airport they took us straight to downtown Spokane to do fear busting. This is were they pair us up with elders that are in the area, and we just go out and tract for like two hours. It was an awesome experience. As you know I am not super up to meet new people and just start a random conversation, especially, about the gospel. However, i put my faith in christ and I just did it. We met some super cool people. We got bunches of contacts. It was awesome to get started on the work. As I was walking I remembered the Hymn, "Put your shoulder to the Wheel" and all the times we would sing it and Dad and I would bump into each other. It was a great feeling to finally be out here. Ok, so after that we went to the Spokane east stake center, which is right next to the Temple. It was cool. We did some training and had a great lunch. Then , more training and we went to the mission home. We got to have dinner and family home evening withe President and Sister Mullen. They are awesome. They feel like temporary parents already lol. They are super spiritual and love the mission work. Then we stayed the night at some members homes. Then we got up in the morning and went to the church building for more training, and to find out our areas and trainers. So They called me up for my turn to get my trainer. I am being trained by Elder Igleski!!! Everyone laughed cause we all knew the latinos arent going to be able say either of our names lol. We are the Polack companionship lol. So then we left for our area. We are serving in Wenatchee, Washington. We are actually in a brand newly created area. They used to have elders in the area that did both spanish and english. However, the stake president in the are wanted elders to focus specifiacally on the hispanics, cause the spanish branch is kinda struggling. So Thats us. We have like no leads, and a huge list of less active. so it is kinda unique because we get to set up all of the work for everyone else that will be after us.
Im super excited. I have already had tones of experiences. The Mexicans in the area are great. They are very open and friendly. They give us some awesome fruit, since most of them work in the packing sheds, or the orchards they have super fresh fruit. Its awesome. So, I dont have an adress to send stuff too quite yet, but if you want to send me something you can send it to the mission office. I will let you know as soon as we have a place of our own. We are crashing with the zone leaders for now.
I love you guys. Write soon!!

Love,
Elder Cybulski

No comments:

Post a Comment