Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thursday is "P" Day!

Mom, and Dad
Everything in the MTC is going amazing! I have had more spiritual experiences this week than I have had in my entire life. I have the best two companions in the world! Elder Miner was my original companion, and he and I are almost the same person. He is a great example to me, and we are basically the leaders of the class even though we arent district leaders. We bacame a trio with Elder Sherman yesterday. He is in our residence room, so it made sense. His companion, elder Walton had to go home because of medical reasons. This was a very special experience for us. We have grown crazy close even though it has only been a week. Elder Walton asked Elder Sherman, his companion to give him a blessing before he went home, and Elder Miner and I stood in on it. I could feel the spirit enter the room. I could almost feel as if someone was standing in the circle with us while Elder Sherman was giving the prayer. I dont even remember what he said, because the spirit was so strong. We were all crying and we felt terrible as Elder Walton had to leave, but we knew that he wanted to be here. Anyways, I have found that living in texas has helped me immensely with learning spanish. Elder Miner is from southern California, so we know spanish the best, and everyone turns to us to learn more of the grammar and random words that we know. The second day we were here, they gave us our first investigator. It was just an employee that was acting like someone from their mission, but the make it as real as possible. The investigator only speaks spanish, so we had to learn fast. We have already taught him three times, and he has already committed to a baptism, so I think we are doing something right. And we are the only companionship to get him to that point. I a, having sooooo much fun while I am out here. I cant imagine myself being anywhere else anymore. I hope you guys stay safe, and have a fun time for the rest of the summer. My tentative date to leave for el campo (el campo) is on September 3rd.
I love you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment