Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19, 2012

Spanish is going great, Elder miner and I are already working on the past and future tenses of verbs since we are really far ahead of the rest of the class. We are working with Elder sherman to get him caught up to our level, but he is hanging in there, and the spirit is helping him in leaps and bounds. We had two new investigators this week. Our lessons with them didn't really go so well. We are getting used to teaching with three of us. It is a very different dynamic. I know that we brought the spirit into the lesson, so that was good, but it is hard to jump in and help each other when all three of us have something to say instead of just one other companion, but we are getting used to it. We got kind of down on ourselves, and Monday and Tuesday were pretty rough days. I had doubts about things, and about if I even new the doctrine well enough to teach it. But in my personal study time on Wednesday, I decided to read the first vision. It was amazing seeing the process that Joseph Smith went through and how much strength he had. Then, I used a cross reference to Isaiah 29 I believe. I want you to read this, and think about the story of when Martin Harris took part of the translation to a university professor and compare the revelation that Isaiah gives to that story. It just strengthened my testimony so hard, because there is no way that Joseph smith could have made any of this up. As for the rest of the week since I wrote last, nothing much else has been going on. We had TRC yesterday, which is where we go in and teach volunteers that are members, and that was cool to do since we could teach something a little more deep into the doctrine. I cant wait to get into the field and share what I know, but I know that I have so much more work to do before I can do that. Six more weeks to go!! I love you Mom!
Buenos Dias,
Elder Cybulski

No comments:

Post a Comment