Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 18, 2014

Hey,

This last week was tons of fun. From being on exchanges out in Spirit Lake, Idaho where they have signs for ATV crossings to Having a nerf gun war with our ward mission leader’s kids we did a lot of things. On Wednesday we had a great lesson with our investigator Dorris. She understood the plan of Salvation a little better by the time we were done. Then we had another lesson with her on Thursday. But on Saturday we had a cool experience. So there is a family called the Loves in our ward. The wife is a recent convert, and her son is in town, and he isn’t a member. We have been trying so hard to meet him, but they are never home. Almost 100% of the time, if their minivan is not in the drive way as well, they are home, so that is our indicator every time we drive past. We didn’t have them planned on Saturday to go see. On the way past the turn for their street, something told me to turn towards their house. So we went, but when we got there, the car wasn’t there, so I was like, “well, maybe it was a prompting, maybe it wasn’t, Lets go knock anyways… they have never been home without the minivan.” So we knocked, and nobody answered… It was such a letdown. I totally thought that it was a prompting to go over to their home. Then, as we were walking away, the husband Michael woke up from a nap and opened the door, and yelled “Elders!!! Get back here” We got to go inside and teach them a lesson. It was so cool to act on a prompting, and to see it not come to pass until after I put forth every effort to follow it. I have had so many experiences like that on my mission.

Then we had a great Father’s day, and I think you got those pictures from our Ward mission leader! Love you dad. I also got my flight details and the time for my departing interview with President Mullen. It is so surreal, cause I can remember when My trainer Elder Igleski got his when I was only out a couple of weeks in the field. I cant really believe that it has come to the end. I am going to miss my mission so much. I feel so blessed that it is right here in the states, and that I can visit. But I will miss working with people in this way. Hopefully I will be able to be really involved with missionaries in the future. So I will see all of you on June 30th at the Kansas city Airport at 5:22 p.m.!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment