Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3, 2013

Alex,

I didn't hear from you yesterday so I'm thinking maybe today is your P-Day instead. I've already written you, but heard the best story on the radio this am and wanted to share it with you.

This father plays a game with his daughter at the pool called lifeguard. His daughter is 7 and just learning to swim. She has him jump into the pool and yell lifeguard, lifeguard please help me while waving his arms high. She then proceeds to jump in, grab his arm and pull him safely to the side. He went on to say as with any kids game at 7 he does this another 350 times. Then one time he jumps in, waving his arms yelling for her help and she doesn't come. He looks up to see her standing on the side just looking at her with a perplexed look on her face. It's then that he notices that he has ventured too far into the deep water for her to be able to help him. As she stands there thinking about the situation and how she can help, she yells out to him, "Move a little closer to the side and I will save you."

This story had a profound affect on me this morning. Tear rolled down my face as I realized the implication. There are times when The Lord can't help us until we move closer to him.  Sometimes we are in too deep. He's always there waiting for us to reach our hand out and move just a little closer so that he can stretch forth his hand and be our lifeline.

What an amazing story!  Maybe you can share this with others who may be struggling and need just the slightest motivation to reach forth their hand so that the Lord can pull them in.

Love you son!


Mom

Mom, I love that story!!!! I will definitely share that. Lately we have really been focusing on teaching the doctrine of the atonement, and that story goes perfectly. Thank you so much. It was definitely inspired that you shared that.
 
Love ya mom,
Elder Cybulski

No comments:

Post a Comment