Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8, 2012 Emails

Hey dad.
 
Thanks for the update on everything. Sounds like football is going great. Matt is really improving. I am glad to hear that. As for conference...Since you guys had a game on saturday, I dont know if you heard the historic announcement that President Monson gave in the Morning. He announced that now Elders will be able to begin at the age of 18 and sisters at the age of 19!!!! It is amazing to hear a prophet of the Lord give an inspired announcement. It is amazing to think that we will have more missionaries soon coming out. Thank you for your thoughts on conference. I think my favorite talk was Elder Bednars. Probably because we were encouraged to go into conference with questions, and he answered my exactly. I asked "When do we know that our testimony has turned to conversion?" It was awesome to sit in the chapel to listen to every session. Especially priesthood, cause I know there is lots of work to do, and to get started right away.
 
As for missionary work back home. I would say, just let the missionaries know that you are willing to accompany them to lessons. When we have members in lessons the spirit is so much stronger, and their testimony truly helps. Also, new converts need a friend. when converts have people they know in church, they are more likely to attend and stay active, and that is the goal. So, just be as involved as possible.
So thats all I got for now. Now I got to write to mom.

Love ya dad,
Elder Cybulski

Hey mom.
 
Thanks for the email a ton. I really appreciate all of your insight in the conference talks. MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE SATURDAY MORNING SESSION! President Monson gave a very historic announcement. I really did enjoy conference. It was awesome to listen to the talks that they gave through the eyes of a missionary. It was amazing to hear from the Lord's elect and think about how I can use those messages to help others.

We actually had some investigators come and watch with us. Dori and Johnny (last names excluded for privacy) came and watched Saturday afternoon. They are from El Salvador. They are awesome. They have the desire to be baptised. They just have a few problems to get over, so pray for them that they will be able to get over those things. We also saw our investigator Isabel. She is super into the church now. Her boyfriend and her are actually planning on getting married by our branch president. It is super awesome if they are able to do that, and get baptized, I will be able to see them go to the temple. It will be a cool experience.
 
So not much to report here. I think we are just going to stay in the place we are living for a while. I think the ZL's are moving. The address is 1038 Rosewood, Wenatchee, Wa 98801. So you can send my stuff there. We are just continuing to work. I love you guys and miss you a ton. Tell Matt thanks for the update on sports.
 
Love,
Elder Cybulski

No comments:

Post a Comment